These terms and conditions govern your use of the website & online shopping.
- All references to “the Company“, “we“, “us” and “our” in these terms and conditions are deemed to refer to GR Laughton & Company (Pty) Ltd, a private company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa. All references to “you” and “your” are deemed to refer to any user or visitor of www.laughtons.com.
Acceptance Of Terms
The Company permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Use Of The Website
- You may only use the Website if you are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you may use the Website only with the involvement of your parent or legal guardian.
- You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised Company representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein for the benefit of any other website without the express prior written consent of an authorised Company representative.
Ownership And Copyright
- The contents of this Website, including any information, software, icons, text, graphics, layouts, images, sound clips, trade names, logos, trademarks and service marks are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law, and are owned by or licensed to the Company.
- Any unauthorised use, distribution or reproduction of the said contents is prohibited.
- Any person who accesses this Website or relies on this Website or on the information contained in this Website does so at his or her own risk.
- While the Company takes reasonable measures to ensure that the contents of this Website are accurate and complete, the Company makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of this Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on this Website.
- All information provided on this website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
- The Company does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions on this Website.
- The Company also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on this Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise or jeopardise the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, any mobile device, hardware or software in any way.
Linked Third Party Websites
- This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites“) outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and the Company is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the cookies that those sites may use.
- Notwithstanding the fact that this website may refer to or provide links to third party websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.
- We respect your privacy. Should you decide to make use of our Website, the personal information that we will require is purely for purposes of delivery our products to you.
- It is your responsibility to update any of your personal information that you provide to us as soon as it is no longer accurate and complete.
- The purposes for which we will use your personal information are as follows: to contact you regarding current or new products or services, to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions and to improve your experience on our Website by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us.
- The Company will not use your personal information for any purpose (other than as stated above) without your express consent. We will not use or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, unless the use or disclosure is required in order to comply with applicable law, order of court or legal process served on the Company; and/or disclosure is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of the Company.
- We will be entitled to disclose your personal information to those of our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website or email, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently. We will ensure that all such employees and/or third party service providers having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your personal information.
- We will treat your personal information as strictly confidential; upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
Limitation Of Liability
The company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential injury, loss or damages which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, any material or content contained in, or inability to use, and/or unlawful activity on, the website and/or any linked third party website. You hereby indemnify the company against any loss, claim or damage which may be suffered by yourself or any third party arising in any way from your use of this website or any linked third party website.
Changes To These Terms And Conditions
The Company reserves the right to update and/or amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time and without any notice, and you are accordingly encouraged to check the Website regularly. If you use this Website after such updated or amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on this Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such updates or amendments.
Availability And Termination
- We will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and reserve the right to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
- The Company may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you.
- You agree that the Company will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ONLINE PURCHASES
Product Pricing, Availability & Display
- The Products displayed on this Site are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the Republic of South Africa, within the defined areas as determined by the Company. All prices displayed on the Site are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa. The Company reserves the right, without prior notice, to discontinue or change pricing or specifications on Products and services offered on this Site without incurring any liability whatsoever.
- Although we have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the Products that appear on the Site, there may be variations in the product colour or the packaging.
Purchase Of Goods
- These Terms and Conditions of Online Purchases govern the order or purchase of products (“Goods“) by you from the Company via the Website. The Terms and Conditions of Online Purchases are in addition to the terms and conditions of use of the Website.
- Once you tick the box labelled “I accept“, these Terms and Conditions of Online Purchases form a legally binding agreement between you and the Company.
- All submitted online purchase orders are sent to you via email.
- Once the company has received your order, our online shopping department will email you within 48 working hours to confirm stock availability and the status of your order.
- Address any issues or queries regarding Online shopping to Bryn Hunter, the Company’s Marketing Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephonically on 021 434 1560.
Payment can be made via credit card or via cash on delivery, in which event, you must make immediate payment with submission of your order, as the Company will not execute the order until receiving confirmation that payment has been received or alternatively provide the person in charge of the delivery with the cash for the total order.
Should the Company for any reason not be able to supply the goods on your order, we will contact you telephonically to arrange for a reimbursement via EFT, which will be done within 24hrs of receiving your banking details.
Delivery Of Orders
The Products displayed on this Site will only be delivered within the Cape Town CBD and Atlantic Seaboard, within the defined areas as determined by the Company. The Company will attend to delivering your online purchases.
Cancellation, Refund & Returns
- Should you wish to cancel an order, it must be done telephonically within 24 hours of placing the order to avoid unnecessary liability of courier costs. Our we can be contacted on 021 434 1560.
- As per the Electronic Communications & Transactions Act (ECT Act) you will have the right to return the goods within 7 days of delivery for any reason without penalty but you will be liable for the costs of returning the goods. The company will reimburse you for the purchases order via EFT within 24hrs of receiving the goods.
- Damaged or defective goods must be reported within 24 hours of delivery.
On delivery of the Products to the Customer, the risk in and to the Products shall pass to the Customer notwithstanding that ownership in the Products remain vested in the company.
Without derogating from the generality of any of the provisions hereof, and subject to the CPA, GR Laughton & Company (Pty) Ltd shall not at any time be liable for any claims of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising for direct or consequential loss or damage which may be sustained by the Customer in connection with the use of the Products and the Customer hereby indemnifies GR Laughton & Company (Pty) Ltd against all such claims.
- All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in all materials, including trademarks, logos, photographs, images, text and other graphics which form part of the Site are owned by the Company alternatively the Company is the lawful user thereof. Such rights are protected by both South African and international intellectual property laws. All data and information communicated to or from the Site and/or any Site information as well as the database is the sole property of the Company.
- The Company grants you permission to view, electronically copy and print portions of the Site for the sole purpose of placing an order with the Company for any of the Products.
- Any use of materials on the Site other than for the purpose noted above including, without limitation, the unauthorised submission, removal, modification, dissemination, copying or distribution of copyrighted or other proprietary content, without the prior written consent of the Company and/or the lawful trademark and/or copyright owner (if applicable), is prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of the intellectual property rights of the Company and/or such trademark and/or copyright owner.