Holidays are the perfect time to put your feet up and spend the whole day on the couch. Whether it’s getting immersed in a new series or being captivated by a good book, snacks and drinks are always a welcome addition, and what better way to keep them close with a nifty couch caddy like this.
This item can be scaled up or down depending on your needs – if one book at the side isn’t enough then go bigger! But be sure that the inside is long enough to keep it balanced.
Handy Tip: Alcolin Fast Set wood glue dries clear so it is suitable for any colour wood.
When selecting the correct shade of Alcolin Woodfiller, always match to the finished colour of the wood. We recommend using white if you are painting over the wood as it is the best for painting.
Thank you to the team at Alocolin for the fantastic advice and for the details of this awesome project.
What you need
- Alcolin Fast Set Wood Glue
- Alcolin Woodfiller (appropriate colour to match the timber)
- Five pieces of 220 x 22m timber lengths cut according to the dimensions of your armrest: sides (x2), top (x1), ledge (x1), lip (x1)
- Paint of choice (optional)
How to do it
- Glue and screw together the pieces of wood using Alcolin Fast Set Wood Glue.
- Fill the screw holes with Alcolin Woodfiller and allow to dry before painting.
- Stock up on snacks and drinks, and don’t forget the remote!